Richmond, VA 23225
Salary: $36,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
Company : Auxo Medical refurbishes and services medical equipment including sterilizers, autoclaves, washers, operating room tables & lights, and other ancillary medical equipment.
Position Description: Auxo Medical is looking for a skilled and motivated individual to train in the process of repairing, installing and refurbishing various types of medical equipment. New technicians will be trained in the process of break down, preparation, reassembly, testing, installation and troubleshooting of medical equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties
Learning Period: Trainees will typically take six to twelve months to learn basic principles and methods of sterilization, steam generators, operating lights and tables, industrial controls, and ancillary bio-medical equipment. Top motivated candidates will have the opportunity to become equipment production leads based on performance and skill sets. During the initial training period applicants will:
- Work with experienced technicians in the manufacture, installation, maintenance, and repair of biomedical equipment.
- Assists experienced technicians with testing and calibration of equipment according to manufacturers’ recommendations and other established guidelines.
- Assist an experienced technician in performing preventive and corrective maintenance required on medical equipment. This includes: disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, etc.).
Working Conditions: Position requires lifting (up to 75 lbs.), bending, squatting, sitting, standing, and twisting. Trainees will assist experienced technicians at customer sites that include, but are not limited to: hospitals, operating rooms, laboratories, surgery-centers, pharmaceutical production facilities and animal research centers. Flexible scheduling may be required to accommodate customer needs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associates degree (and/or requisite industry experience),
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of computers, electrical, electronic, plumbing and mechanical principles;
- Ability to read and utilize schematics, diagrams, technical manuals;
- Ability to work independently and without close supervision when not being trained;
- Ability to work safely steam generators as well as maintain exemplary electrical safety skills;
- Completion of mechanical, electrical, or electronic technical school training preferred.
- Clean driving record;
- Physically fit and capable of performing repetitive tasks;
Skills & Experience:Ideal candidates will possess a basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and steam systems (HVAC or electrical experience is a plus). Additionally the following skills and education are preferred:
- At least 3 years experience servicing medical sterilizers;
- Ability to read and interpret equipment schematics;
- Basic troubleshooting skills at board and component level;
- Excellent customer skills;
- Ability to travel 200 miles a day if necessary;
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Individuals with experience on Steris, Getinge, Skytron equipment are preferred;
- Plumbing, steam fitting, HVAC and electrical experience is a plus;
- Certification from an accredited Electronics Tech program, an Associates Degree in Electronics, Biomedical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent is a highly desired;
- Customer service or sales experience a plus;
- Anesthesia or imaging experience a plus.
- Paid vacations and holidays and 401K benefits
- Company provided cell phone and IPad
- Company provided service vehicle
Base salary of $36,000 to $60,000 based on experience, plus sales incentives.