The Benefits of Purchasing a Refurbished Steam Sterilizer from Auxo Medical
Purchasing a refurbished sterilizer from Auxo Medical comes with a variety of benefits. Refurbished units are a cost-effective solution for healthcare facilities, laboratories and Sterile Processing Departments (SPD) that may not have the budget for brand new sterilizers. With over 25 years of process development and improvement, there is only one way to refurbish a steam sterilizer. A true REBUILD of the unit. Each machine goes through a rigorous refurbishment and rebuild process to bring it back to “like new” condition. Upon completion of the refurbishment procedure, each unit goes though a detailed quality assurance process to ensure it meets manufacturer and industry standards for performance and safety. In addition, all of our fully rebuilt steam sterilizers come with like new warranties and preventative maintenance and repair support options, so you can expect the same experience as if it were new.
The Following are the Procedures of the Auxo Medical Refurbishment Process:
Units are completely disassembled at the component level:
Vessel and Frame Refurbishment:
- Pressure Vessel Chamber or “Core” is bead blasted and hydrostatic pressure tested
- Cast Iron Framing/Stand is bead blasted and repainted with rust resistant paint, or replaced completely.
- Unit is fitted with new Insulation Blanket encasing the chamber/core.
All of the below are rebuilt:
- Rebuild Steam Manifold
- Rebuild Exhaust Manifold
- Rebuild Water Manifold
- Air Filters
- Pressure Gauges
- Pressure transducer
- Ball Valves
- Pressure Regulator
- Chamber Sensor
- Ball Valves
- Pressure Switch
- RTD, Jacket, Chamber, Drain
- Check Valves
- Venturi Water Ejector
- Heat Exchanger
- Steam Traps
- Disassembled, cleaned, bead blasted if necessary
- 400 series and Century Sterilizers, vertical power door:
- Rebuilt with new Door Cable, Sensors, Stainless, and recertified Motor
- Eagle 3000, radial handwheel door:
- Rebuilt with refinished nickel coated door bars, new guides and door cover
- Displays/touchpads are reconditioned or replaced
- Printer components are replaced
- Control Board, Connector Board, Power Supply Board, Control housing are tested and Recertified using independent testing station
- All wiring is verified and replaced if necessary
All other Stainless and framing side panels are new or regrained to be like new condition.
- All units are calibrated
- All units must complete 20 cycles without a leak rate above the manufacturer accepted range: 1.0 leak rate
High Quality and Reliable Refurbished Medical Equipment
With over a quarter century of experience in rebuilding and refurbishing steam sterilizers, you can rest assured that your purchase of a refurbished sterilizer from Auxo Medical will perform like new at a considerable cost savings without sacrificing quality and effectiveness. View our online catalogue of new and refurbished sterilizers or contact Auxo Medical today to get your customized quote on a high quality refurbished steam sterilizer.
- Resurfaced: Surfaces are decontaminated – types of resurfacing:
- Bead blasting/buffing if brass or other similar metal
- Re-graining if stainless steel
- Repainting with rust resistant paint
- Recoated with antimicrobial plating
- Rebuilt: Component Housing bead blasted, inspected for integrity, rebuilt with new components like valve kits, seats, seals, O-Rings, etc.
- New: Item replaced with OEM New replacement component